Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July American Style Wrap-Up


Last night we barbequed in true American style with our Scandinavian and British counterparts.



The night ended in true Ann Arbor Style weirdness.

Today we had a tour of the facilities at Midform (Bent wood/veneer manufacturer) and JM RøR (Metal/welding manufacturer).

Midform was a pretty impressive production - their molds are a hell of a lot better than mine. Haha.




Also their routers have (COUNT 'EM) 5-Axes






Everyone at JM RøR is out for a three-week vacation so the facilities were mostly empty. I realized pretty quick my complete lack of knowledge about anything metal related - Something to think about for the up coming year.





After the manufacturers we stopped over at The Trapholt Museum of Modern Art in Kolding. They literally had every single famous chair ever - It was awesome. They also have huge store rooms and it wasn't busy and we were a large enough group so we could request them to take out certain designs. Totally great and really helpful for our first iterations that are due Thursday. I think I have the majority of my ideas formulated, but the actual drawings are another story....






I love this acrylic Verner Panton so much, if I weren't in mandatory veneer I would consider something along the lines of these intersecting planes.



As you may be able to tell I also decided to start using my nice camera instead of the point and shoot which makes these much better quality photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment